- Each competitor can participate in 1 or 2 categories
- Participants must wear a sport outfit (sport shoes, sports pants, T-shirts etc.)
- Shoes are not allowed in Thai Yoga Massage.
- Participants are to bring their own sheets, towels and materials needed.
- The recipient of the massage must wear underwear at all times and have covered their chest (if she is a woman). Any area which is not being worked on must be covered/draped.
- No cameras are allowed during the rounds and the final. Unauthorized use of cameras and recordings can result in expulsion.
- There is an absolute zero tolerance policy concerning inappropriate behavior. Any massage of sensual/sexual nature would result in immediate disqualification and expulsion from the Championship.
- All participants are required to receive massage, as well as giving massages. If necessary the organizers will arrange for suitable candidates/massage recipients in particular cases.
- No chiropractic and osteopathic manipulations are allowed during the competition.
- The organizers can provide massage models, others then the competitors, only when the proposed models do not correspond from a medical point of view or does not correspond to the chosen massage style.
- The Jury has the right to receive feedback from the model after the massage. However, this is advisory.
- Registration will be done until the 16 of October 2019 with the following documents: electronic format C.V. + photo, in order to attest the experience and professional training in the field of Massage and Complementary Therapies; Identity Documents (ID Card or Passport); diploma to attest the competences in the field of Massage.
- The Freestyle Category for foreign competitors outside of Romania does not affect the top and the judging of the national selection.
- Swedish massage (Western massage including classical massage, sports massage, neuromuscular techniques, stretching etc.)
- Asian massage (Thai massage, Shiatsu, Tui Na, Ayurveda etc.)
- Wellness massage (Hot Stone, Aromatherapy, spa massage, lymph drainage, hoilistic massage etc)
- Free style massage (Western inspired) (Combination of different types of western massage methods, self treatment, mobilization, cupping, massage with tools, bodywork etc.)
- Free style massage (Eastern inspired) Combination of different types of Asian massage methods (Shiatsu, Acupressure, Thai massage, cupping, massage with tools, reflexology etc.)
- Chair massage (both Western and Eastern inspired massage)
- Free style massage for foreign competitors outside of Romania.
Judges will evaluate the participants in the following areas with a point system:
- Ergonomics (posture, attitude, body position)
- Innovation and Development of new methods
- Client contact
- The arrangement of the massaging environment (massage bed adjustment, accessories, etc.)
The Jury has the right to receive feedback from the model after the massage. However, this is advisory and will not influence the final decision.
All decisions regarding the competition are made collective within the group of Judges – this is to make sure the competition is as fair as possible.
Each category is judged by 3 specialists: 2 internationals and one from Romania.
Each of the competition rooms is equipped with video recording cameras in order to give the judges the possibility of reviewing the massages afterwards if needed.